The Boundary Setting Workbook
Are you feeling drained in your relationships?
Do you struggle with self-worth?
Is your cup always empty?
When you set boundaries, you find peace.
Self-Worth & Boundaries
When emotional boundaries are missing, we feel it in so many parts of our lives.
Emotional boundaries and self-worth operate on a progressive cycle. The more we learn about ourselves, the more we’re able to establish boundaries that keep us centered and joyful.
Self Worth Issues Look Like:
- Avoiding stating your thoughts/feelings
- Waiting for approval or acceptance
- Unable to make decisions alone
- Not knowing when a boundary is right for you
- Being unfamiliar with your needs
No Boundaries Looks Like:
- Ruminating over interactions but not revisiting the issue
- Feeling drained, used, or like you’re depended upon to maintain the relationship
- Avoiding certain people or delaying interactions without knowing why
- Blaming yourself for the feelings or behaviors of others
- Being focused more on other people’s growth/progress/problems
What You Can Expect
In 5 days we’re going to create a framework, specific to you, to help you identify where you’re lacking boundaries now & what steps you can take to change that.
This framework is meant to be used over and over again, to help you set healthy boundaries in your relationships. Refer back to the workshop anytime you’re questioning your boundaries, your worth, your relationships, or your happiness.
What You'll Learn
- What emotional boundaries are & how to discover your own
- Your self-discipline or attachment style (anxious, avoidant, disorganized, secure)
- Identifying your feelings & working through obstacles
- Boundary-setting/self-worth cycle
- How to set boundaries in a relationship
- Communicating new boundaries in old relationships
What You Need
- Access to your email
- 30 minutes for reading, mindfulness, & journaling (smaller increments are ok!)
- A reflection journal
- Mindfulness practice
- Set intentional practices to reflect on personal choices
- Identify tools to support your personal style of attachment, communication, and connection
- Communicate feelings and needs clearly
- Feel empowered to make choices without guilt or shame
- Learn the tools to help you discover your boundaries over and over again
You're worth it
Day 1: Observation
Lesson: Understanding what emotional boundaries are and how we identify our own.
Purpose: Dive into boundaries that exist and discover the boundaries we’ve not yet established with others.
Day 2: Visualization
Lesson: Finding our attachment style or deeper insight into how we treat ourselves.
Purpose: Using visualization & reflection allows us to identify how we want to be treated, giving us examples to build the framework for our boundaries.
Day 3: Patience
Lesson: Establishing healthy boundaries is a learning process. Practicing patience with ourselves starts with identifying how we feel in the now, with emotion words.
Purpose: Sitting in our feelings and offering ourselves compassion and space to hear the inner voice that helps us.
Day 4: Compassion
Lesson: Offering compassion to ourselves and others often takes mindfulness and intention.
Purpose: Understanding our need for boundaries and how it impacts the way we treat ourselves is key to unlocking our compassion.
Day 5: Forgiveness
Lesson: Realizing that boundaries have been missing from our lives can activate a grief cycle.
Purpose: This is an opportunity to offer forgiveness to ourselves for not showing up the way we needed in the past, and it’s an opportunity to set forth our expectations for future relationships.
Let's do this!
This Workbook is for YOU
The Boundary Setting Workbook is meant for anyone who feels confused, alone, unseen, or consistently misunderstood. The relationships we cultivate in our lives are a direct reflection of the boundaries we implement. Poor relationships are an indication of a lack of boundaries.
Communicating around boundaries can be uncomfortable, letting our loved ones know what we need and how they can honor our requests is not easy.
But you are worth the time and effort it takes to feel seen and accepted in your life.